Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scarecrow craft for Halloween

As I was driving home today an idea popped into my head. As soon as I got home I got to work. This is a super cute craft for fall or Halloween.

I'm sure you've seen similar items and it's the same concept just a different design painted on it. It's a scarecrow candy dish. When I was finished I showed a photo to my mom and she showed her man. He's not into candy so I told him to fill it with peanuts!



What you need:
  • clay flower pot and saucer
  • acrylic paint and brushes
  • glass bowl
  • wooden ball (I used cedar moth balls from the hardware store)
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • twine
  • scissors


What you do:
  • Paint the clay pot. I made mine look like it was in overalls and a plaid shirt.
  • Cut the twine into little pieces, about an inch long, and glue them to the neck line and above hands. It looks like straw popping through its clothes.
  • Paint the saucer and ball to be its hat. Once dry, glue the ball to the saucer.
  • Cut twine into slightly longer pieces and glue to the underside of the "hat" so it looks like hair coming out from under it.
  • Paint a face on the glass ball.
  • Glue the glass ball to the clay pot and place the saucer on top.
Another version I made was a witch. I painted the twine orange for her hair. I plan on filling the scarecrow with candy corn and the witch with something green... maybe those "orange slices" candy but the mint ones so they're green.


No comments:

Post a Comment