Friday, February 15, 2013

Creative Patch Job

I hate to throw things away that are still in pretty decent shape. So when my daughter showed me her pants had a hole in the knee I knew I could patch it very easily but the cute patches at the store are more like iron-on decals and less like patches.

I saw that she was wearing the jeans again tonight so I took them off and got out the denim patch that I had in my sewing kit. I cut it into the shape of a heart and ironed it onto her jeans. I then got out some of my acrylic paints and painted the same design that was already on her jeans. She asked me to add a hot pink heart in the middle and  here's how it looks.


I'm thinking of adding a jewel to the center heart to add a little sparkle as well. She's thinks all the kids at school will want me to do this to their jeans too... she might be right. So there you have it, an easy way to be creative with a plain old patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment